Wednesday 19 January 2011

Giving up wine is bad for you.

It happens every January - my husband gives up drinking and insists that I join him. I gave up drinking while pregnant (3 times), I say. I don't need to give up drinking. But he still says 'having a glass of wine, are you?' when I have a glass of wine and makes me feel guilty.

I wouldn't mind giving up drinking if it made me feel good but actually I feel dreadful. Since 1st January, I have had a cold, a cough, a migraine and almost daily sense of missing out that comes around at 6pm. Nothing that a good glass of wine couldn't cure.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't drink a lot - it's just a little treat that I award myself a couple of times a week and at the weekends. A glass of something delicious at the end of the day. Like Prosecco... Sauvignon Blanc... or Beaujolais Villages.

I think I have just given up giving up drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment